THE METAL COMPANY TERMS/CONDITIONS:
These terms and conditions apply to all transaction made within, The Metal Company
trading as S Fisher and Sons Ltd. This includes all orders placed online, by telephone, fax, post or by any other means. The Metal Company reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.
You acknowledge and agree that all information you have supplied to The Metal Company is true and accurate. We take no responsibility for any consequences in false or misleading information given to us. By placing an order with us you agree fully to our terms and conditions. Payment must be made in full before any goods are shipped. If you are paying by credit card, the transaction will occur at the time you place your order irrespective of when the products are ordered and sent. Based on stock availability we reserve the right to limit the number of items customers can purchase in a single transaction.
The price of our products are shown on the product list on the site at the time you place your order. We cannot guarantee that prices on our website correspond with the purchase prices of our products in store. The Metal Company is not required or obliged to match any prices for its products available through our website or in store and vice versa.
We reserve the right to reject an order for any reason if a product is unavailable or there is an error in the pricing or description posted on our website or in your order.
The Metal Company will not tolerate copying, adapting or storing retrieved information from our website this also includes the uploading, transmitting or distributing of data or material without prior written consent.
All credit sales made by The Metal Company (“The Company”) to the customer are subject to the following conditions:
- The Customer authorises the Company to make enquiries of third parties to supply and disclose information in order to assess the Customer’s application for credit.
- After processing and approval of the Customer’s application, a credit limit will be discussed and fixed, and the Customer’s indebtedness to the Company should not exceed this limit. Any purchase that would have the effect of causing the limit to be exceeded should be discussed with the Company prior to lodgement.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Company, full payment for the goods supplied shall be due within the terms authorised on the credit application form.
- The Company may charge interest at the rate of 2.5% per month on all overdue accounts, calculated from the date on which payment was due until the date of actual payment.The Customer will pay all the cost of the Company (e.g. Debt collector’s fee) for the purpose of obtaining payment of any monies owing to it or enforcing the company’s right, powers and remedies under these terms of business.
- The credit limit may be increased when a satisfactory payment record has been achieved.
- The Company may refuse to supply any further goods and/or grant further extensions of credit while any overdue amounts owing to the Company remain unpaid.
- The Company may withdraw credit facilities at any time without notice.
- Goods returned for credit are unable to be accepted without prior arrangement with the Company and may be subject to a 20% handling charge plus tolls and freight. Any returns must be within 7 days of purchase and be subject to checking the condition of the item before any credit can be granted.Procured items and cut lengths are non-refundable.
- Payment terms are strictly 20th of the month following the date of Invoice, UNLESS otherwise stated, i.e. 7 days or cash on delivery.
- Risk in the goods shall pass at the time of delivery and the Customer shall insure (and keep insured) the goods.
- Property and ownership in the goods will not pass to the Customer but will remain in the Company until payment in full of the purchase price of the goods and all other amounts owing to the Company by the Customer.This creates a security interest in the goods supplied to you under the Personal Property Securities Act 1999 (“PPSA”).We may at any time enter your premises to uplift goods that we have a security interest in.If goods that we have a security interest in are processed included or dealt with in any way causing them to become accessions, processed or co-mingled goods, our security interest will continue in the whole in which they are included.You shall not grant any other security interest or any lien in either the goods or in the whole.You waive any rights you have under Sections 114(1) (a), 116, 120(2), 121, 125-127, 129, 131, 133, 134 of the PPSA.You waive your right to receive a copy of a verification statement.
- Any disputed goods or invoices must be advised in writing within 7 days of receipt of goods. Payment to be made to us without set off or deduction of any kind.
- The Customer will immediately notify the Company of any change in the ownership of the Customer or the ability to pay the Customer’s debts as and when they fall due.
- The guarantees contained in the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 are excluded where you require the goods from us for the purposes of business in terms of Section 2 and 43 of that Act. Except to the extent that the law prevents us from excluding liability, we shall not be liable for any loss or damage or liability of any kind whatsoever (including consequential loss or lost profit or business) whether suffered or incurred by you or another person and whether in contract, or tort (including negligence), or otherwise and whether such loss or damage arises directly or indirectly from the goods provided by us to you.Not with standing this, if we are found liable, our liability is limited to the price of the goods purchased by you.
In order to provide our customers the best possible service we have a range of payment options available. We accept credit card payments and direct debit transfers, and those who have a trade account with us may also do their purchases online. We want you to have a safe and secure shopping experience online so all payments via our sites are processed using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol whereby sensitive information is encrypted to protect your privacy.
A delivery charge of $10 will apply to all orders under $200. Any orders over $200 will be freight FREE. This standard freight charge applies only to cash customers within New Zealand purchasing on our website. Delivery times can vary, when your order is processed you will receive an email from us stating approximate delivery details and when you should expect to receive your order. Deliveries to rural addresses may take longer than the time that is indicated.
We also have a ‘click and collect’ option available to those customers who wish to purchase online but pick their order up in store. In this situation the freight is also free of charge.
We currently are only shipping orders within New Zealand.
The Metal Company reserves the right to alter freight charges at any time without warning due to supplier fluctuations or other policy changes.
We respect your privacy. That is why we will not disclose, rent or sell your email address or other contact information to any other company. We collect this information in order to be able to process your order and to make it easier for you to purchase from us again. If you ever wish to be removed from our mailing list send us an email and we will unsubscribe you immediately.
Please note that terms and conditions apply to cancelling orders.
- A MasterCard payment fee will apply.
- Procured goods such as goods we need to order in by request are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- If freight has already incurred with the order, such as from procured goods or the goods have already been packed in our warehouse, then the cost will be chargeable to the customer.
At The Metal Company we believe in rewarding our customers in many different ways. Vouchers may be granted as a token of our appreciation, these are for use at The Metal Company only and cannot be redeemed for cash.
The Metal Company will accept product returns and provide (at The Metal Company’s discretion) a replacement for the Product (subject to availability) or a refund or repair when the product is delivered faulty.
Please contact us at email@example.com.
To enable us to evaluate your return request please provide the follow details
- .The order number
- Your name and other contact details
- Detail description of the problem
- You may also be asked to provide photographic evidence if an item was damaged during transportation.